Shop Safely Online1papaya1
Online shopping is a great way to compare prices, find bargains and save money from anywhere with an internet or mobile data connection. From the convenience of making purchases at your fingertips and next-day delivery to getting great deals and an the endless catalogue of purchasable items, online shopping has only grown in popularity. But as its popularity has increased, so have the risks, with more and more people trying to scam you out of your money or steal your card details. Thankfully, if you follow a few simple rules you can have a safe and secure online shopping experience.
These are some really simple ways to shop safely online you can use every day:
- Research retailers online to make sure they’re legitimate.
- Make sure the website is secure.
- Know your rights and the company’s returns policy.
- Keep software and virus protection up-to-date and use strong passwords for online accounts.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi. Your standard data connection is more secure.
- Pay using a credit card. You will have more protection. Alternatively, online services like PayPal mean scammers will not be able to get hold of your bank details.
- Be smart. If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Be alert to the kinds of information being collected to complete your transaction. If the merchant is requesting more data than you feel comfortable sharing, cancel the transaction. You only need to fill out required fields at checkout and you should not save your payment information in your profile. If the account autosaves it, after the purchase go in and delete the stored payment details.
- Keep tabs on your bank and credit card statements: Be sure to continuously check your accounts for any unauthorized activity. Good recordkeeping goes hand-in-hand with managing your cybersecurity.